Various scholarship programs come with the criteria of writing an essay on how the scholarship will help the student in achieving their goals. Mark Elenowitz gives the scholarship committee comprehension of how the scholarship will be beneficial for the students. Useless to say, the essay is a crucial part of the scholarship application. It is the area where students may showcase their personality.
Students must aim to write a unique and detailed composition that specifically answers the essay question.These days, scholarship programs are becoming increasingly popular as they provide financial backing to the students. Learners belonging to poor socio-economic backgrounds may avail different scholarships which come with a merit base. Moreover, some scholarships are sports-based.
It will help the student in choosing the one which suits their requirement. Irrespective of the nature of the scholarship, every scholarship not only takes care of the financial requirements but provides them with peace of mind. Hence, you cannot go wrong here. According to Mark Elenowitz, your application must be errorless and showcase your personality.
Mark Elenowitz shows the path to make your application stand out in the competition
As established earlier, scholarships are a means of taking care of the financial obligations of the student. Needy individuals may avail this financial avenue to take care of their educational and other related expenditures. For this, you must bring into consideration the following points:
• Think about your aim:It is a daunting task to think about your goals just after college. It is true that most, indeed, yet to decide on the central part of their life, which is their career. Most of them do not have an idea of what they want to study in the future. When you find yourself struggling with your goals, brainstorming is the only option for you. Start writing down the career options open to you. Think about your long-term and short-term goals and write them down. In addition to this, think about the skill set you already have. Moreover, the skills you require for achieving the set goals; will give you a picture of the career options in front of you and the skills you already have.
Writing Tips By Mark Elenowitz
• Writing tips: Most scholarship programs require applicants to write an essay on a topic provided by the scholarship committee. Hence, you have to get started as fast as possible. Ensure that you provide your scholarship essay with a catchy introduction, says Mark Elenowitz. Your choice of words and the overall presentation must be attractive. Most scholarship programs provide a question as a topic. You aim to answer the question and be as specific as you can. Keep to the word limit, which is mostly within seven-hundred to eight-fifty words. Try to grab the reader’s interest from the first go. Start your essay with something new rather than giving generic sentences. You can enrich your essay with personal stories and anecdotes. Keep in mind that your essay is a reflection of your personality. Hence, write it accordingly.
• Open up about the inspiration behind your aim:While writing the essay, you can open up about the motivation which pushes you towards your goal. What leads you to pursue these goals is also crucial. You can share experiences that have been life-changing and have influenced you in chasing your dream. What makes you different from the others and how you are the most deserving candidate for the scholarship needs a good mention.
Discuss The Goals In Detail
• Discuss the goals in detail: After you discuss past experiences, speak about your career and education goals. Whether you have long-term or short-term goals has a lot to do with your application. Keep in mind that there are hundreds of thousands of applicants for a single scholarship program. The selection committee is on the lookout for a unique and attractive applicant. You have to try your level best to give reliable information on your long term and short term aims. Do not write stories after stories. Be specific with your information.
Besides, you can illustrate how you wish to influence others. Some scholarship programs are merit-based. Hence, if you have a bright educational background, it will help you in grabbing these scholarships. In addition to this, there are different sports-based scholarships, which require your active involvement in a college cricket team or football team. Hence, get into the details of the scholarship to grab reliable input.
Never Miss The Deadline
• Never miss the deadline: Another significant area you can hardly miss out on is the application’s deadline. Every scholarship has different criteria and deadlines. Your job as an applicant is to make a note of these areas. From standards to eligibility, you must have the information. Remember that if you miss out on the deadline, your chances of getting a scholarship reduces.
• Provide a creative conclusion: In the concluding paragraph, you have to summarize the major points of the essay. Following this, finish the writing with a closing thought to make it as unique and creative as possible. Keep in mind that the concluding part leaves a lasting impression on the readers. In addition to this, never forget to read the essay several times. Check the details of the writing with the help of your friends and family members. Apart from this, you have to make multiple checks in the article for grammar and spelling mistakes. Various digital platform applications can help you in this regard. Never submit a manuscript with flaws.
• Do research: The point is significant for individuals who are first-timers. You may take the help of the digital platform. For gaining valuable input on different types of scholarship programs to stop indulging in scholarship searches for more options. Keep in mind that this step requires time. Complete the application by the closing date.
The bottom line of the above-given points is that you require reliable input and a sense of patience. At the same time, you are working on the application for a scholarship. Provide correct information and references as far as possible. Do not miss out on the deadline and keep an eye on the scholarship checklist. It will help you in grabbing the scholarship of your dreams.